Fix Immigration… a fence would be a damned good start.
Posted by cann0nba11 on June 17, 2007
Here’s a great article by James Lewis: http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/06/now_fix_immigration.html
- The US Senate has shown itself to be an incompetent gaggle of grandstanders.
- The United States used to have immigration policies that worked reasonably well. It must be possible to make that happen again.
- It’s just nonsense that the Bank of America can track credit ratings for illegals, but the United States Government can’t even figure out who they are.
- Build a fence and enforce border security.
- Outsource immigrant tracking and database management.
- Consider letting legal visitor levels float upward, to take the pressure off the illegal flow
- If government bureaucracies like the INS can’t do the job, outsource it to private corporations that can and will.
- Go back to the sponsor system.
- Reduce incentives for illegals and increase them for legal immigrants.
- Insist that foreign countries help the United States to enforce its immigration laws.
- Require state and local police to register non-English speaking individuals who are stopped for traffic violations and other minor offenses.