Where’s the Fence?
Posted by cann0nba11 on July 8, 2007
So We The People went through a Herculean effort to kill the stupid immigration reform/border security bill a couple of weeks ago. In some sort of bribery effort the Senate claimed that $4.4 Billion in emergency funding was needed to help secure the country. It was the carrot that was supposed to unify the Senate and get the bill passed. Well, the bill is dead, and apparently so is the sense of urgency in Congress. I wonder where that money will go now.
Last time I checked the borders were about as effective as Al Gores’ parenting skills. The border is open, and illegals are increasing their offensive with the understanding that border agents will be reprimanded or jailed if they cause an illegal harm. And now the stakes are higher since these slimeballs are now taking aggressive action with rocks, guns and fire as weapons against our law enforcers. I don’t think I need a dictionary to verify my next comment: any armed attack on our borders is an act of war.
Meanwhile, last week another illegal was shot by a border agent and, as expected, the Mexican government is bitching about it. (source) Here are a few notable comments from the article:
- “Tuesday’s shooting was the second of an illegal immigrant in less than a week by the El Paso Border Patrol. On June 27, an unidentified agent fired at least one shot at a man believed to be a human smuggler after the agent was hit in the head with a rock.“
- “The Border Network for Human Rights, an El Paso advocacy group, condemned the shootings Tuesday. The group said in a statement that the lack of congressional action on immigration did not “justify by any means, the surge of violent and lethal enforcement against immigrants and much less, to jeopardize the safety of border residents.”
- “Border Patrol spokesman Doug Mosier said, “…the shootings are connected to a 30 percent increase in assaults against agents so far this fiscal year. Rock-related assaults, like the one reported last week, have jumped about 20 percent.”
Agent clubed with a rock. Increasingly violent assaults. Concerned Mexican special interest groups. Stick it up your ass! If the border residents you care about so much would stay on their side of the border we wouldn’t be having this little discussion. Here’s some more stuff that will make your head explode:
- U.S. officials are in an uproar after the Mexican government approved a bill which will issue global positioning satellite (GPS) tracking devices to emigrants crossing into America illegally. Mexico says it will issue an estimated 200,000 devices in 2007, in an effort to save hundreds of lives as the crossing North grows even deadlier in the hot summer months. (source)
- Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily. Death toll in 2006 far overshadows total U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq, Afghanistan (source)
- National Guard troops working at an observatory post near the Mexican border were forced to flee after being approached by a group of armed individuals. (source)
- Illegal alien with 11 prior stays in jail is accused of raping a 15-year-old girl only hours after being released from jail. (source)
Yet the Left insists on finding things wrong with America. Screw them. We’ve got serious problems to deal with here.