Conservatives are screwed…
Posted by cann0nba11 on January 31, 2008
After watching the debate at the Reagan Library I am convinced that most of the voting American public is politically ignorant. Sadly, people vote based on stupid reasons like race, sex or religion, NOT on issues. This is the only reason that McCain is leading the Republican race, thanks largely to idiots in Florida.
Based on the debate I am more convinced than ever that McCain is a lying, power hungry politician that will drive a wedge right into the heart of the conservative masses. He refuses to stand behind the many bills that bear his name, and he refuses to acknowledge the radical open borders people on his staff. And his repeated fall back to to the buzzword “time table” was downright annoying. I just wish Mitt had point out this little tidbit during the debate: McCain considers setting benchmarks for Iraqis
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 01.26.2007
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., one of the most stalwart supporters of the war in Iraq, said Thursday that he might propose that the Iraqi government meet certain benchmarks for the United States to continue its engagement.
Let’s look at some more details of McCain’s record, one that he repeatedly tells us he is proud of. (source):
- McCain-Feingold — the most brazen frontal assault on political speech since Buckley v. Valeo.
- McCain-Kennedy — the most far-reaching amnesty program in American history.
- McCain-Lieberman — the most onerous and intrusive attack on American industry — through reporting, regulating, and taxing authority of greenhouse gases — in American history.
- McCain-Kennedy-Edwards — the biggest boon to the trial bar since the tobacco settlement, under the rubric of a patients’ bill of rights.
- McCain-Reimportation of Drugs — a significant blow to pharmaceutical research and development, not to mention consumer safety (hey Rudy, pay attention, see link).
And McCain’s stated opposition to the Bush 2001 and 2003 tax cuts was largely based on socialist, class-warfare rhetoric — tax cuts for the rich, not for the middle class. The public record is full of these statements. Today, he recalls only his insistence on accompanying spending cuts.
- McCain-ACLU — the unprecedented granting of due-process rights to unlawful enemy combatants (terrorists).
- McCain has repeatedly called for the immediate closing of Guantanamo Bay and the introduction of al-Qaeda terrorists into our own prisons — despite the legal rights they would immediately gain and the burdens of managing such a dangerous population.
To add salt to the wound, McCain has two die-hard Pro-Mexico staffers now. One is the open borders bigot Juan Hernandez. A second is Univision founder, open borders, anti-English education bigot Jerry Perenchio. If McCain is elected these two people will be closely involved in writing public policy; a policy in direct contrast with overwhelming conservative opinions on immigration and border security.
McCain is saying whatever he can to win the Presidency and will let ALL of us down once in office, just like GWB has with regard to the border. He is one or two votes away from being a full-fledged Democrat.