Charlie Gibson: Biased Democrat Ass
Posted by cann0nba11 on September 13, 2008
Thanks to Ed Morrissey for gathering this data. I’m just spreading the faith.
Charlie Gibson’s interview brazenly typified the media bias that Conservatives have been clamoring about for years. Instead of coming off as a professional journalist, Gibson looked like a parent interrogating a teenager after coming home late from a party. He couldn’t even muster a sincere smile. Even Bill O’Reilly was able to joke around with Barack Obama, a presidential candidate that is the political opposite of O’Reilly . Gibson simply lacks the personality and/or tact to be polite to someone with whom he disagrees. Personally, I think he hates Palin with a bitter passion for singlehandedly stealing Obama’s unjustifed thunder and momentum.
“Dude! The media is so in the tank for McCain! Man, they treat him like a prince!” WRONG. Here is the list of questions that Gibson lobbed to Obama:
- How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
- How does it feel to “win”?
- How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
- Who will be your VP?
- Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
- Will you accept public finance?
- What issues is your campaign about?
- Will you visit Iraq?
- Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
- What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?
Here’s the list he tossed at Palin:
- Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
- Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
- Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the ‘Bush Doctrine”
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
–Is America fighting a holy war?
The nice thing about the last item in the list above is that ABC’s editors got creative with their digital scissors and misquoted Palin for all of the ABC audience to see. They specifically and intentionally edited Palin’s answer to make her look like a religious zealout. Shameful. Despicable. Disgusting. There are not enough words for me to properly express my disdain for ABC. ‘Criminal’ is probably appropriate.
Please read Morrissey’s excellent summary for more information, including his hugfest with Johnny Bang-another-woman-while-your-wife-suffers-from-cancer Edwards for another textbook example of media bias.
Mr. Gibson. You are a blatantly biased shameful Democratic ass.