Our Classless President – Delegation for Chavez, not Thatcher
Posted by cann0nba11 on April 16, 2013
There are rules of etiquette in the world of national leaders. There are things you and don’t do. Sadly, the past five years have been a living case study in how not to conduct international relations for our president.
Today we learned that Obama has no plans to send an official delegation to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s funeral. Speaker of the House John Boehner had to step up to get this obvious political responsibility properly addressed.
While this might be infuriating on its own merit, the piece de resistance is that our Nobel laureate president felt compelled to send a delegation to the funeral of the America-hating tyrant Hugo Chavez.
Makes perfect sense in our upside down world.
Let me remind the world of just a few of the non-reported gaffes of the worst president in our nation’s history (presented in no particular order). I had to stop at 15… I could double this list quite easily, but I think you get the point.
- Obama said it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.” Maybe because they would be shot for exercising free speech?
- Caught on an open microphone. French President Sarkozy: ’I don’t want to see him anymore, he’s a liar.’ President Obama, You’ve had enough of him, but I have to deal with him every day!” Stay classy, Mr. President.
- Even Mrs. Obama is not immune. Apparently the first lady didn’t listen to her protocol team when visiting the Queen in 2009. You do not touch the queen.
- Includes Nazi collaborator/Hitler admirer in proclamation for Jewish American Heritage Month
- Declares Polish freedom fighter Lech Walesa “too political” to accept award, gives another to Dolores Huerta, chair of Democratic Socialists of America. Freedom too political, Socialism just dandy.
- 2009 Noble Prize winner Obama hosted a state dinner for the Chinese premiere Hu Jintao, the same human rights violating guy that was holding the 2010 Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo under house arrest.
- Starts toasting the Queen of England way too early and embarrasses himself in the process. Watch the pain here.
- Obama’s crack protocol team strikes again. A dinner to honor leader from South Korea features an all Japanese menu.
- Not international, but still disgusting: Sends form letters to families of SEALs killed in action, yet fins time to send a personal letter to family of rapper Heavy D.
- No time to meet with Israeli Prime MInister Netanyahu, makes time for the Pimp with a Limp radio show. Seriously?
- Three words: “Polish Death Camp.”
- Any rational person recognizes that the killing of Bin Laden was a massive military victory. But he was not found by a president or congress, he was found thanks to the efforts of our stellar military carrying out plans launched by President GW Bush and rightfully continued by President Obama. You would think after such a lengthy effort that a president would tip his hat to his predecessor, Nope, not this one. That would be classy. It took a week for the administration to acknowledge the former president, and even that was delivered by an aide, not Obama himself.
- Tries to kiss Burmese political leader Aung Sang Suu Kyi
- Completely blows the world leader gift exchange with England. Receives antique desk carved from the wood of a slave ship to match the desk that Kennedy had. Gives the queen a DVD box set of top American movies.
- Who can forget the blatant ass kissing bow to the Saudi King? World leaders do not bow.