Have you had enough? I have had enough.
- Enough of an administration that is spending money it does not have.
- Enough of an administration that lying to America by claiming to be bipartisan.
- Enough of an administration that claims to be transparent.
- Enough of an administration that has been soft on supporting freedom fighters in Iran.
- Enough of an administration that has given our enemies the confidence to kick sand in our face.
- Enough of an administration that thinking it knows how to run a car company better than industry experts.
- Enough of an administration that giving control of the census to ACORN.
- Enough of an administration that has done so much crap that America has forgotten about our immigration problems.
- Enough of an administration that tells me that the world will end if we don’t decrease carbon emissions.
- Enough of an administration that re-labels things to avoid offending our enemies.
- Enough of the blind support for a president that is in way over his head.
- Enough of a president who is still campaigning instead of leading.
- Enough of our arrogant, out of touch Speaker of the House.
- Enough of our condescending Press Secretary.
- Enough of the star struck media’s complete lack of journalistic integrity.
Is that enough for you? I could list more things that frustrate me about this administration, but my point has been made. If you are an Obama supporter, I don’t expect to hear from you. I don’t want to hear your whining about how Bush got us in this mess. He didn’t. I don’t want to hear your uninformed, baseless figures about the war that we have been winning despite the asinine restrictions placed on our military by lawyers and liberal politicians. Health care is not a right, it is a privilege. So is an education. So is a job. America is a land OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people. Our government so-called “representatives” have forgotten this concept and it is time for them to be replaced by those that will act as our forefathers intended. enough.
Note: the concept of the blue “enough.” button was created by Michael Medved. In the late 1960s Medved became involved in an anti-war campaign and worked to organize a moratorium in protest of the war. As he states on page 120 of his book Right Turns, “To advertise the event and to raise funds, I personally designed a stylishly understated button that attempted to summarize the message of the movemen: it featured the single word “enough.” (with lower case “e” and the period at the end) in simple white letters on a dark blue background. These “enough.” buttons became so improbably popular we could barely keep up with the demand for them…” I met Michael earlier in 2009, reminded him of his button, and strongly encouraged him to revive the campaign given our current political environment. He said “that is a really good idea.” I emailed him after our meeting to keep the idea alive, but have not heard back. I hope he does resurrect them, but if her doesn’t I surely will. One word sums it all up. “enough.“